SSToolkit is a full-fledged GIS designed primarily for farmers to map farms and fields, calculate acres, organize site-specific data, and process yield data. With SSToolkit you may view fertility recommendation maps created by your fert/chem dealer, review weed scouting reports and maps from your agronomist, display aerial images as a background layer, and view any other layers of data created in SSToolbox or SSToolboxLite.
SSToolkit provides a number of analysis functions that allow you to develop management information from your field-level data. These range from simple to complex, including:
• Classifying and overplotting data to visually show variability.
• Calculating and using area and distance measurements and basic statistics to describe the data.
• Querying and overlaying map layers spatially and through related attribute searches to find and relate certain features or conditions like yield and soil types, for example.
• Comparing different layers of data using standard and geo-statistical analyses such as point-statistics-by-polygon.
• Provides full-featured mapping capabilities including the input of GPS files and on-screen digitizing.
• Creates field boundaries, tile lines, well locations, water features, and more.
• Offers compatibility with soil test labs, yield monitors, and other GIS products.
• Manages large volumes of data in a systematic manner.
• Displays surfaces created from point data in SSToolbox for visual analysis, including yield and fertility surfaces.
• Calculates acreage.
• Provides point in polygon analysis including average yield by soil type and average yield by hybrid.
• Calculates summary statistics including mean, minimum, maximum, and standard deviation.
• Displays satellite imagery, aerial photography, and orthophotos as base layers for field boundaries.
• Provides pre-defined and custom map layouts for analysis and presentation.
• Provides enhanced yield data processing tools including normalize yield, average yield per soil test point, select yield near field boundary, and select yield by standard deviation.